All of these products are software development tools
designed for programmers. STEP FORWARD, on the other
hand, is designed as a software development environment
for virtually anyone that allows them to build information
management and/or accounting systems (not write the
code but rather construct them as with a Lego set).
The real difference that STEP FORWARD has to offer
does not lie in WHAT functionality can be implemented
(or to a lesser degree, HOW things are done) but, rather,
in WHO can do it. If you look at the current trends
in software development, you will quickly discover that
the bulk of the cost of development is driven by the
manpower required to build/customize the application.
While you can always hire a Consultant to configure
your STEP FORWARD-based applications, you can also quickly
learn to do it yourself. All you need is:
• a desire to empower management,
• an appreciation for the information needs of
• an understanding of the subject matter to be
• an understanding of the concept of flow-charts
(or willing to learn them)
• the joy of being creative in a logical environment.