The Export object takes the contents of selected flowchart variables
and places them into Saved Reports table from which it can be later loaded
into a user-designated file; the file can be used in moving data to various
third-party applications e.g. spreadsheets.
To use the Export object, follow these simple instructions:
- Load the Export object into the Workspace (drag Export icon
- Expand the Export object by pulling down on the bottom center control
point until you have the right number of fields.
- Populate the Export object with any variables from the Procedure.
- If the export fields include Float or Money fields, the Output
precision of the Inspector's Export Data view will display those
fields with the precision option pop-up list set to Automatic (default).
Fine-tune, if desirable. The Output precision display does not show the fields
until the Procedure is completed and the Syntax button has
- Specify an Export file name (this is actually the name that will be
shown in Saved Reports window - see below)
The following is an example of exporting transaction data (amounts and dates)
from TXDetail table:
- When the report is run, the exported data are saved in the database, and can
be accessed through the Saved Reports window:
To load the exported data into file, click on the line with the
Export description, press Load button and select the target file in the file
Table of Contents