Account Chart - Add To ...
To Add To Any Level Of The Account Chart Builder From
The Prototype Inventory
- select an item from the preceding component column (unless the level to
be added to is the first component) to which a hierarchical extension is
- select the appropriate submenu item
(if the selected column is the last Prefix component, clicking on Next level or GL
Account has the same effect). This will display the Add Code window showing
the inventory of GL Prefix components or GL Accounts as determined by the
Accounts that are already in use for the specified hierarchy are disabled.
Select your choice from the remaining inventory:
- To add a single account to the Account Chart, select the desired line item
in the Add Code window;
- or you can add a range by drag-selecting them;
- or you can add all enabled accounts by clicking on the Add all button.
To Add A New Account To The Prototype Inventory And To
The Account Chart
You are in the process of building your Account Chart and realize that the account
component that you need does not exist. What can you do?
Normally, new accounts are added in the Edit mode of the Accounts > Prototype option.
However, you can add to the basic inventory of GL Prefixes or GL Accounts (depending
upon the component/segment displayed in the Add Code window) while in
the Add to Level mode:
- bring up the Add Code window, if not already displayed;
- press the New code button
this will display the New Code window (for the GL Prefix or GL Account
component identified in the selection title of the Add Code window).
- enter the Code and Description and press the Enter button.
this causes the new prefix/account to be:
- added to the basic inventory for the classification shown as the selection
title in the Add Code window;
- added to the Account Chart, as if it had been selected from the Add Code window;
- displayed as a disabled entry in the Add Code window.
Table of Contents