The Account Headers window has three distinct areas and two buttons:
- GL Account scrollable area (displaying the inventory of GL accounts)
- Header editable field (to receive the new Header name for a selected
group or edit an existing one)
- Range (to record the first GL and last GL number for a group under
- Clear button (to ungroup account ranges)
- Set button (to implement the new or edited group)
To group a range of accounts:
- drag-select the group.
The desired group should now be highlighted and the Range fields display:
- from (implied) account number, being the first account number selected;and,
- to account number, being the numeric value X, where X = the
GL Account number immediately following the highlighted group -1.
- enter the Header and modify the Range, if desired; and,
- click the Set button.
If you group current asset accounts, for example, that are numbered 110, 115,
and 180 and the next account is a fixed asset account numbered 210, the suggested
range will be 110 to 209. You may want to establish more clear-cut delimiters
and replace the suggested range with: 100 to 199 and when you group fixed assets
start with 200, etc. When you add an additional account, e.g. 105, it will
then fit into the already established current asset range and this function
does not have to be revisited.
To ungroup an account range:
- select the Header line to be deleted (this will highlight the Header description
and the accounts that are included in the grouping),
- press the Clear button (this will remove the Header description
and the indentation of the accounts in the group).
To change an existing group header (either the spelling of the description
or the range included in the group):
- ungroup the account range,
- group (re-group) the desired range of accounts.
Table of Contents